After installing the free App and making the Bluetooth connection you
can enter the values: at which RPM do you need how many degrees
crankshaft? In this way you will easily program your ideal advance curve
with your smartphone or tablet.
The App enables you to adjust the advance curve, it shows an
electronic dashboard and within the settings there is also an immobilzer
integrated to secure your car with an anti-theft system!
This model replaces distributors used in BMW M10 engines that don’t need a trigger pulse for injection. This comes comes with an upright cap.
– For 6 Volt and/or 12 Volt cars (auto detect)
– Variable dwell constant current, fully automatic (auto detect)
– Coil current protection time-out after 1 second (auto detect)
– For positive and negative earth cars
– Programmable centrifugal advance curve (500 to 8000 rpm)
– Programmable vacuum-advance and boost-retard curve (0 to 200 kPa or -30 inHg to +15 psi)
– Rev limiters (advanced random spark stealing)
– Real-time tuning (ideal for working on a test bench)
You smartphone/tablet will show you:
– Temperature gauge (selectable in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit)
– Manifold pressure (selectable in Bar or inches Hg/Psi)
– Tachometer (0 to 8000 rpm crankshaft)
– Spark-energy gauge (primary coil current)
– Total-advance gauge (in degrees crankshaft)
– Battery voltage
– GPS speed
Please note: The cogwheel of this TUNE-BMW-4-R-V makes the unit
turn Clockwise. When your engine is a M10 of the newer type (as f.e. is
used in BMW E21 after 1978) a distributor which turns Counter Clockwise
is needed. The electronics in the 123 unit is programmed to function as
well in case a cogwheel with a different turning direction has been
mounted. An adaption piece needs to be made.
You can download the latest version of the 123/TUNE software here: www.123ignition.nl.
If you don’t have a new coil, you should order a new coil. Although
used coils all look alike, they should be viewed with suspicion since
one cannot tell from the outside whether and how often they were exposed
to overheating in the past. Installing the 123ignition system will
ensure that the coil will never overheat again in the future. We
recommend the Bosch Blue coil.